Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Feelings Of Abandonment

I keep looking for comfort from you

I sit and wonder if your love is true

You see me crying

Inside you have to know I'm dying

Don't you see these tears

Don't you see the hurt from so many years

The little girl that was hurt so bad

Is now 16 years old and utterly sad

No one to listen or even to talk to

Recalling memories that hurt me through and through

The things you ask of me

It triggers a memory

Memories I'd rather forget

Memories embedded in my mind, completely set

The hurt, the pain and anger won't go away

I wonder who "loves me" and will turn their back today

I can't explain how I feel inside

Feelings of abandonment rush in like the tide

Ghosts haunt me no matter where I go

I do love you still, that you should know

I wish you could understand

I would be there holding your hand

I would take away all your pain

So in the end, you'd have a life to gain

But for me, darkness is all I see

No happiness for this little girl is to be

The adult lives her life

Taking on happiness, sorrow and strife

I hope someday you'll understand

Someday I hope you'll be here to comfort me and hold my hand

Until that day all I feel is punishment

Along with those never-ending feelings of abandonment